Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 1-376 To Go

My sister just got engaged and in an effort to conqure my life's hardest struggle I've vowed to lose weight. Yes, it started off in a vain attempt to NOT be the only fat bridesmaid. Let's paint a picture, so everyone can see the disaster!

My sister: 5'11, thin, blonde, blue eyed, stunning

Her friends: ranging in height from 5'4-5'9. All thin and all very beautiful.

Me at my best: 5'7, 150 lbs with an athletic building.

Me now: 5'7, 217 lbs. Not well proportioned AT ALL!

So...my goal started out just to lose weight for the wedding, but then I remember...I once DID like working out and being in shape. So, I've changed that goal. I registered for a 5k in October...my FIRST IN YEARS! And I think I'm gonna do a race a month...a little goal along the way to keep motivated and so that the whole weightloss thing doesn't seem so far off, so....somewhere else in the ether.

So here I am...getting day one going. Today's major goal is to stick with the workout plan...run for 30 minutes and do an arm workout. I've been working out on and off...bout 50/50 since late June, so I don't think I'm biting off more than I can chew. I just need a lot of encouragement. So if you have some PLEASE lavish me with it.

I'm barely out of four bad years...rough relationship...money problems...work problems...various, severe health problems...it's all just been crashing down on me for four years. And over that period I've ballooned...to who I am today. The outside me just doesn't represent who I am on the inside...who I truly am.

So I face the 377 days until the big day with a smile and hope...and may some support from friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks fro commenting on my blog. What were you diagnosed with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fibromyalgia and was the reason I was tired and in chronic pain. My main course of treatment is an antidepressant (it helps shut down pain receptors and helps me emotionally deal with the pain when I have bad days). In the winter I used a pain killer that allowed me to continue working. The pain killer is VERY strong and increases my blood pressure, so I slowly took myself off it to see if I only needed it in winter. This spring and summer off the pain killer have been do-able. There have been a few days of pain but nothing like before. The fatigue is mostly gone. I just have to be very aware of how much sleep I get every day.

    I know it's hard to stay positive during an undiagnosed problem, but try to find relief every time they rule something out...because that gets you one step closer to a diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete